ECJS & JEP BRAZIL
May 29 - June 04, 2019 | Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls, Brazil
Join ECJS & JEP FOR 7 DAYS as we take our first ever trip to SOUTH AMERICA, exploring BRAZIL and some of ARGENTINA!
*** EVENT SOLD OUT EXCEPT FOR LOCAL PACKAGES FOR PEOPLE LIVING IN BRAZIL***
Meet young Jews (aged 18-39) from all over the world, in this unique opportunity:
During this trip you will...
- Experience Brazilian attractions, including the SugarLoaf Mountain, Copacabana and the famous Maracanã Stadium
- Visit Iguacu Falls, one of the 7 Wonders of Nature (Wonders of the World) and adventure into Argentina
- Party the nights away in true ECJS & JEP style
- Celebrate a traditional Shabbat thousands of miles from home with other fun young Jews
- Expand your knowledge in mind-provoking interactive discussions
- Make new friends in the home of the "Verde-Amarela"
The event includes...
- Tours and visits of all the famous Rio and Iguacu Falls sites (in both Brazil and Argentina)
- Full Glatt Kosher meals from lunch on 29th May until breakfast on 4th June
- 2 Deluxe and comfortable hotels
- Connecting flight and transfer between Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls
- Cross-Border fees for Argentinian side of the falls.
If you are not yet an ECJS member, please continue as a new ECJS member by clicking the button below. Through this button you will register for membership and the event at the same time.
To qualify for a ECJS member rate for the entire event you must chose from one of the membership levels with an annual fee.To pay the full event price, or for a local package, you can chose associate member in the registration which is free of charge.
Brazil and Argentina are in the Southern Hemisphere (meaning it's winter during the time we visit both countries). However, as Rio de Janeiro has a Tropical Savanna close to Tropical Monsoon climate, then winter is similar to Western Europe summer time. Temperatures in the day reach highs of around 27 degrees C in Rio and around 22 degrees C at the Falls. At night, temperatures drop to around 18 degrees C in Rio and 13 degrees C at the Falls. This is all ideal for touring the region.
Brazil at this time of year is 5 hours behind of CEST (4 behind UK time). We do not take any health responsibility for you in Brazil, but advise you to be up to date on your general vaccinations and boosters (Diptheria, Hepatitis A and Tetanus). It is your choice if you wish to take Typhoid vaccinations, Malaria precautions or other disease precautions. This is all advised from the UK Foreign Office as of January 2019, and is similar to most European Nations advice.
Safety and Security
As per all our events we ensure our group is always 100% secure. In discussion with the Jewish community in Rio de Janeiro, we will provide necessary security to ensure safety. If you have any further questions specifically on Safety and Security, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Rio de Janeiro - a city of stunning sunsets and samba till dawn:
Golden beaches and lush mountains, samba-fueled nightlife and spectacular football matches: welcome to the Cidade Maravilhosa (Marvelous City).
Looking out from the 710m peak of Corcovado, you will see why Rio is called the Cidade Maravilhosa. Lushly forested mountains fringe the city, shimmering beaches trace the shoreline and a string of tiny islands lie scattered along the seafront. Far from being mere cinematic backdrop, this seaside beauty hosts outstanding outdoor adventures: hiking in the Tijuca rainforest, cycling alongside the lake and beaches, sailing across Baía de Guanabara (Guanabara Bay), and surfing, rock climbing and hang gliding amid one of the world's most stunning urban landscapes.
Rio's beaches have long seduced visitors. Copacabana Beach became a symbol of Rio during the 1940s, when international starlets would jet in for the weekend. Hogging the spotlight these days is Ipanema Beach, its fame and beauty unabated since bossa nova stars Tom Jobim and Vinícius de Moraes introduced the world to its allure in the 1960s. For cariocas (residents of Rio), the beach is Rio's backyard – a playground that's free and open to all, offering endless enjoyment in the form of football, volleyball, surfing, snacking, drinking or simply relaxing amid the passing parade of people.
The Rhythms of Rio
Music is Rio's lifeblood, and the city's soundtrack comprises rock, old-school bossa nova, hip-hop, funk and Brazil's many regional styles. Above all there's samba, a rapid-fire style of music with African influences and an infectious beat that is synonymous with Rio. You can hear it all over town, but the soul of samba resides in Lapa, an edgy red-light district that's home to dozens of live-music halls and an enormous weekend street party that draws revelers from all walks of life. Samba is also the integral sound during Carnaval, and the danceable backing music to street parties and all-night parades.
Iguacu Falls / Iguazu Falls...
One of the planet’s most awe-inspiring sights, the Iguazú Falls are simply astounding. A visit is a jaw-dropping, visceral experience, and the power and noise of the cascades – a chain of hundreds of waterfalls nearly 3km in extension – live forever in the memory. An added benefit is the setting: the falls lie split between Brazil and Argentina in a large expanse of national park, much of it rainforest teeming with unique flora and fauna. The falls are easily reached from either side of the Argentine–Brazilian border, as well as from nearby Paraguay.
For more information on Rio de Janeiro : https://www.lonelyplanet.com/brazil/rio-de-janeiro
RIO DE JANEIRO:
This luxurious 4* hotel is located between the trendy Barra da Tijuca and famed Ipanema Beach neighborhoods in the middle of truly tropical settings. This is the city's only beachfront resort with an extensive recreational area, spa, and amenities. Its lush, landscaped grounds are set above a white-sand beach fronting the tropical South Atlantic and flanked by towering mountains. All bedrooms are newly renovated, including comfort design beds, in-room safe, flat screen tvs and private balconies overlooking the sea. uests can recharge with a swim or a work out at the fitness centre. Massage services, a 24 hours gym, an open air jacuzzi and a heated outdoor pool are also available for hotel guests use. Depending on the time of day as traffic within the city is bad, it can take between 35 minutes and 1hr30 from Rio de Janeiro Galeão International Airport (GIG) or 25 minutes to 1hr10 from Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont (SDU) airport.
Please log in to see more
<p>Please log in to see more</p>
*** EVENT SOLD OUT EXCEPT FOR LOCAL PEOPLE LIVING IN BRAZIL - PLEASE REGISTER AND YOU WILL BE ADDED TO THE EVENT WAITING LIST***
ECJS Members Rate :
ALL SOLD OUT EXCEPT LOCAL PACKAGES - SEE BELOW!
These are only for people LIVING IN Brazil, due to limited spaces available. All prices are per person and do not include transport to/from venues.
You may be required to provide proof of address. The twin room option means you share a room with someone else of the same gender and the room has 2 beds. If you take a twin room option and we cannot match you up with another person we would ask you to upgrade to a single room.
TO REGISTER: Complete the registration for the event and if you are not already an ECJS Member you should complete the registration as a new FREE Associate Member.
- Shabbat and Saturday night in hotel : Twin (shared room) €184 / Single €284 (Includes - Friday night dinner, friday and Saturday night in hotel with breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner and Saturday night fun party)
- Shabbat and Saturday Party : Twin (shared room) €109 / Single €159 (Includes - Friday night dinner, friday night in hotel, Saturday breakfast and lunch, and Saturday night fun party)
- Shabbat Dinner and Saturday Party : €35 (Includes - Friday night dinner and Saturday night fun party for FREE and 1 drink)
- Shabbat Dinner Only: €25 (Includes - Friday night dinner only)
- Saturday night Party Only: €10 (Includes - Saturday night fun party for FREE + 1 drink)
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL AID NEEDED
Generally, ECJS does not turn away any student because of financial reasons. We understand that the cost of the weekend is more than some students can afford, especially for those traveling via plane to the venue. If you have any financial issue and would like to attend, please register for the event. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject "Requesting to be subsidized". You should state your name, all your contact information and how much you would be able to pay. Please include a reference of a Rabbi or Jewish community that can verify your financial situation to ECJS. The email will remain private. We will do our best to assist you depending on available funding. The price we are charging is already much less than what the program really costs.
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive additional financial aid, we request that you sign a document confirming you will attend every session and write a thank you letter for our sponsors, within 2 weeks of the event conclusion.
Each participant of the ECJS & JEP Brazil Event will receive the following:
- High Level Deluxe Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Access to Rio de Janeiro hotel facilities - including a heated outdoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 24 hour Fitness Center and Massage therapy treatment ( Treatments may cost extra)
- Access to Iguacu Falls hotel facilities
- Full Glatt Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- City Tours with professional guides
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits.
- One way direct booking as part of group for flight between Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls on Sunday 2nd June 2019
- General room service
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health (including necessary pre-event vaccinations) and other travel insurance
- Visa expense coverage or any issues arising due to visa errors, incorrect details provided for flight bookings or any other delaying issues.
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS & JEP does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS member/associate form.
- Participant must notify ECJS & JEP in advance of any illnesseses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS & JEP should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
Booking Confirmation ECJS & JEP only confirms and guarantees the booking once registration form is received and approved, and payment is also received and approved by the ECJS & JEP office. Until this time, ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event. Therefore ECJS & JEP does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive the payment approved confirmation from the ECJS & JEP office as before this time ECJS & JEP does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
Specific Requests ECJS & JEP does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS & JEP to make any changes necessary.
Flight between Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu Falls: This will be booked for you by the ECJS & JEP office as part of the program, providing you supply all necessary and correct details for booking to the ECJS & JEP staff when requested. You must provide the correct extra payment for this and will not be permitted to participate in the event without this payment. ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for provision of incorrect data by the registrant. All flight bookings are non-cancelable and are only valid for the named registrant on the specified flight, date and time.
Baggage Information: The maximum allowance for the domestic flight between Rio de Janeiro and Iguacu is 23kg in one suitcase. This is the maximum weight we take responsibility to transfer during the event, and any excess baggage charge is your own responsibility.
Local Packages are only for those people currently living in Rio de Janeiro holding full city residency or alternatively students studying abroad/young adults working abroad, on proof of holding a Rio address.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are awarded a further "extra" discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of ECJS and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Earlybird offer /Pre-Purim offer period end date - This is the date all registration and payment must be RECEIVED by the ECJS office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case.
Group Organiser or other special offers - These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
You may cancel your registration until April 4th, 2019, and ECJS pledges to fully refund you the event payment minus the flight cancellation fee (the full payment unless the airline allows refund) + €30 administration processing fee and bank transfer fees when applicable. After this date, ECJS is NOT obliged to reimburse anyone for any reason whatsoever.* Reimbursement will not be given even for a medical emergency. ECJS will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you by this late date. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS is a non-profit organization. We invest over €100 for each member to attend the event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.
*If you cancel after April 4th, 2019, and we are able to find a replacement, you will be refunded the event payment minus the flight cancellation fee (the full fee) and 30% and bank transfer fees when applicable until Wednesday 8th May 2019. All cancellations after Wednesday 8th May 2019 will get no refund regardless if the place is re-sold or not. We will do our best to replace your spot once we have sold out the event. The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
You agree that by checking the corresponding box, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
VISA EXEMPT COUNTRIES:
Citizens holding passports from the following countries do not require any visa for up to 90 days visit to Brazil providing they have 6 months left on their passport.
- All EU Citizens. NOTE: Spanish Citizens must contact us for further document requirements.
- All South American Citizens
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
Electronic Visa before Arrival:
Citizens holding passports from the following countries should apply for an electronic visa before arrival here.
ARGENTINA (FOR IGUACU FALLS):
VISA EXEMPT COUNTRIES:
Citizens holding passports from the following countries do not require any visa for up to 90 days visit to Argentina providing they have 6 months left on their passport.
- All EU Citizens.
- All South American Citizens
- Hong Kong
- South Africa